The Machinery and Systems Survey is recommended after a Yacht refit, where machinery and systems have changed, or on a newly commissioned yacht to test the new systems.
Machinery and Systems surveys almost always include:
Robs Marine Surveying conducts thorough testing on multiple machinery & systems including:
- - A sea trial
- - The engines being run and operated from all control stations.
- - The engines performance tested to engine manufacturers specifications.
- - All the ships systems run and tested for operation.
Continue to Page 2
- - Main engine tested for performance under load
- - Gearbox for smooth operation in ahead and reverse
- - Bow/stern thrusters and trim tabs
- - Generator performance under load
- - Steering lock to lock when moving ahead and astern, autopilot system
- - Fresh water systems; tanks, pumps and water maker operation
- - Sewage system; toilets, holding tanks and pumping
- - Bilge pumping